Quilts 2000-2010

Alayna's Log Cabin Quilt--I saw this quilt in a magazine and loved the colors.  My daughter, Alayna, loved the color purple and also love roses, so this was perfect for her.  I hung this quilt from the railing in my house for years.  We never put it on her bed--fear of nail polish!  Now her color preferences have changed, I guess I'll keep enjoying it until she is ready to take it home. (2002)





This is Rebecca's courthouse steps quilt.  She chose the fabric with the intention of making this quilt. The life of a busy teenager kept her from doing it, but it got done. The fabric was bright and sparkly with Volkswagens in the centers.





 I Spy Quilt--I made this quilt with a group of quilters in Glendale, Arizona.  We all brought fabric with cute designs and shared them so we each got a nice variety of prints.  I love this quilt and love having my grandchildren look for the different prints and characters. (2002)







Star Quilt--I made this quilt for my dear friend, Becky Lowe.  She was my walking partner and my children's piano teacher for years when we lived in Glendale, AZ.  She was such a good friend and loved my children so much, I loved making it for her. (2003)




I made this cat quilt for JoAnn Smeltzer, an amazing piano teacher in Glendale, Arizona.  She was a serious cat lover, so when I saw this pattern in a McCall's magazine, I had to make it for her.  (2003)



In June of 2003, we moved to Las Vegas and I had a very difficult time adjusting to this move.  In January, I decided I had to do something to save my sanity!  I went to a Saturday "Block of the Month" at a local quilt shop.  I was pleasantly surprised to see a woman from my church/ward walk in.  I visited with her that day and that was the beginning of a great friendship.  I became part of a quilting "square" with Brenda, Susan and Bernice.  Over the years, we have added other quilters to our group, but, that original "square" changed my life!



Reproduction Sampler--My first Block of the Month quilt.  I quilted this on my own sewing machine. I use this quilt on my half of the bed to this day!  I love the size and weight for sleeping under in  Las Vegas. (2004)

(photo needed) Black, White & Bright Block of the Month--This was a block of the month from the same quilt shop.  I have never had it quilted....I guess I should get on that!





Red Hat Ladies Quilt--I purchased this kit in Boulder City during a Shop Hop.  It was perfect for my mother at that time.  The Red Hat Ladies poem was so popular at this time!  This quilt is kept in Mom's Arizona house.






I made these 2 quilts for my brothers.  The bottom quilt, I had the pleasure (?) of making again--long story, wrong place to discuss it.  I love sewing with people I love on my mind!



Rebecca's Wedding Quilt--Rebecca was married in May of 2006 and her colors were pink and green. This quilt turned out beautifully and I love using it when I visit her.




I love reproduction fabrics and 9 patches!  This quilt has both.  It took a long time to finish this quilt as I am not one for applique (yes, it is machine appliqued).  This quilt has "me" written all over it!





Sometime around 2010, my friend, Teri F., was going through some very difficult times.  She had health issues and was headed to a hospital in California for more tests to diagnose her problems.  I gave her this quilt in hopes that she would remember she had friends that loved her.  She fought this battle and later won her battle with ovarian cancer.  I hope she knows that when she wraps herself up in this quilt, it's a hug from me!  Go Teri!

This is a Tumbler scrap quilt.  




I made this beautiful red, white and blue quilt for my son, Brandon.  He has always been interested in military service.  I consider him a patriot!  This is a large quilt (queen sized) that I made for him in about 2005.  April of 2019, this quilt made its way with my son to Ft. Rucker, AL for Warrant Officer's School and pilot training.  I love the quilt, but most of all, my son. 





Comments