Time to Document!

I am starting this blog to document or journal the quilts I have made over the years.  My mother made clothes when I was young, but the sewing bug never bit me.  After getting married and moving to Hawaii, I was a bit lonely and needed to do something!  A military wife and friend, named Vera Schmella, suggested I take a quilting class with her.  We took an Eleanor Burns log cabin quilt class and I was hooked!

Over the years, I have made many quilts and I love them all!  It is time for me to have a place to go to look at them and think about them!  I suppose the pictures may be out of sequence, but I am going to do my best to post as many quilts as I can to document this important part of my life!

My quilting buddy, Susan, gave me a journal to document my quilts many years ago.  I put pictures and descriptions in that book and I'm so glad!  There were pictures and descriptions of quilts I forgot I made in that journal.  Many of the photos are pre-cellphone camera photos that are not the best quality, but were easily found in one location, making it easier to share now!

This blog won't include all of my quilting projects, but as many as I have pictures for.  It will mean the most to me, but I hope others enjoy it as well.

Comments