Christmas Quilts 2017

A few years ago, some quilter friends and I went to St. George and decided we would make flannel Christmas quilts using a "Turning Sixteen" pattern. As the 4 of us calculated how much flannel we would need, we only bought twice as much flannel as we needed!  This left me with 2 kits of 16 beautiful flannels.  This year, I finally finished the 2 quilts and gifted them to 2 of my married children and their spouses.


Nathan and Rachel
Alayna and Cameron




I made another "Turning Sixteen" Christmas quilt for Rebecca and Dave and their family.  Moda came out with their "I Love Snow" flannel this year and it perfectly matched the decor of their home.  They also have 5 sweet children, so this was the right flannel for their quilt.  The bundle I purchased had only 13 fat quarters and I needed 16 fabrics.  I added some minky and I love how their quilt came out!

Comments